The latest directions with regard to scheduled premises has been issued today by the Secretary for Food and Health under Cap. 599F under section 8 of Cap. 599F (https://www.elegislation.gov.hk/hk/cap599F.)
Section D of the directions is relevant to places of public entertainment (including those public exhibitions that require a Temporary Place of Public Entertainment License), in particular the following clauses:
- Clause (1): Mask-wearing requirement;
- Clause (2): Temperature-screening requirement;
- Clause (3): Provision of hand sanitisers;
- Clause (5): Ensuring visitors' use of LeaveHomeSafe or registering entry information;
- Clause (6): COVID-19 testing requirement for all staff involved in the operation of the premises;
- Clause (7): Separation of stations/facilities;
- Clause (8): Capacity limit of facilities;
- Clauses (9) and (10): Cleaning and disinfection of facilities;
- Clause (12): Requirements regarding supply of food or drink;
- Clause (17): Corresponding measures for incompliance with relevant requirements/restrictions; and
- Clause (18): Requirements and restrictions in relation to group gathering within places of public entertainment.
The HKSAR government has also updated the application guidelines and forms of the Convention and Exhibition Industry Subsidy Scheme (for private organisers) to ensure applicants’ compliance with a series of health and anti-epidemic measures. These measures include the prevailing directions under Cap. 599F, as well as some extra measures stipulated in Annex of the updated application guidelines. The updated application guidelines and forms can also be found on CEDB website (https://www.cedb.gov.hk/en/business-environment/sme-support.html) in the section 'Response to COVID-19'.